Cauliflower Stir-Fry keto Substitute for Fried Rice
Cauliflower Stir-Fry, Keto Substitute for Fried Rice. This is one recipe that is very close to my heart. As a former rice lover, can’t believe I can actually add former to that statement, I struggled with the concept of giving up rice when I embarked upon the ketogenic lifestyle. Rice appeared either as breakfast, lunch or dinner DAILY!!!
I enjoyed riced however it was prepared. Rice and stew, Jollof rice, Fried rice, Coconut rice and OMG my favorite catfish pepper soup and white rice. Keto diet says NO to rice, no matter how it is prepared. I had to find a substitute for rice.
Fortunately, my daughter asked me to try making a stir-fry using cauliflower and BAM, Eureka!!! I discovered my substitute for rice. I didn’t invent it, but cauliflower is as close a substitute to rice as you can get.
To “rice” the cauliflower, you simply grate the florets of the cauliflower and replace the rice in your recipes with it.
For your ketogenic meals, replace rice with cauliflower, yam with pumpkin, amala with egg plant swallow, eba with cabbage swallow etc.
Cauliflower Stir-Fry Keto Substitute for Fried Rice Recipe
Prep Time: 30 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
- 400g Grated Cauliflower
- 200g Shrimps
- Red sweet bell pepper
- Yellow sweet bell pepper
- Green sweet bell pepper
- Spring onion
- Small onion
- A quarter of a carrot
- 1 Tumeric
- 4 Cloves of garlic
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- Coconut oil for frying the chicken
You will also need:
- A pot
- Chopping board
- Wash and grate the florets of the cauliflower.
- Season the washed shrimps and cook without adding water till it is ready.
- Dice up the red, yellow and green sweet bell peppers.
- Peel and finely grate the turmeric.
- Slice up the spring onions and garlic.
- Dice the carrot and onions.
- Scramble the eggs with a pat of butter and set aside.
- In a dry pot, add butter.
- Allow to melt.
- Now fry the onions, garlic and turmeric.
- Fry well.
- Put in the shrimps.
- Fry very well.
- Add the peppers, spring onions and carrot continue to toss around the pot to prevent it from getting burnt.
- Toss very well.
- After about 15 seconds, put in the scrambled eggs and the cauliflower.
- Fry very well.
- Cover the pot and allow to steam for 5 minutes.
- Cauliflower stir-fry keto substitute for Fried Rice is ready.
- Fry the Chicken and serve with the cauliflower rice.
Remember, you can lose weight while eating your regular meals with a few adjustments. Don’t forget to monitor your carbs intake while on a keto diet.
You can also try out these keto friendly recipes.
Join our Facebook group of over 1,000 women to learn more weight loss tips as we have fun while we lose weight together.
See you there!